Our Safety Protocols
What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe.
Dear Glassman Dental Care Family,
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions.
First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
Check-In and Check-Out Process
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you to our office directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces. This will include taking your temperature before you enter the dental operatory.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the office
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
- Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic. These education materials are videos that you can watch at your convenience.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Introduce an oral pre rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
Infection Control Protocols
- All staff members have been vaccinated.
- Require all team members to undergo periodic testing for COVID-19 and antibodies for the earliest detection of exposure should it exist.
- Record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with UvairRX filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Providing teledentistry. We have recently been trained with the Itero 5D which allows us to do a digital scan to assess the condition of the teeth and the gums. It also allows us to diagnose cavities without radiation. We can set up a Zoom conference to review these findings as well as any other diagnostic tests (ex. Radiographs) while you are outside the office and offer treatment suggestions.
Thank you for choosing Glassman Dental Care. Our team and I have worked very hard to provide quality care for over 30 years. These are challenging times but we think we have a strategy that will make everyone feel safe.
Dr. Debra and Dr. Steven Glassman and Team