Invisalign, known as the “clear alternative to braces” is a popular option for orthodontic treatment. There are many advantages to this method, including the fact that the clear aligners are virtually invisible and also removable for eating and dental care.
When you compare the cost of Invisalign with traditional braces, the average price range is fairly comparable. Invisalign will sometimes cost a bit more than braces, but it all depends on a few factors.
What Determines the Cost of Invisalign?
There are a variety of factors that go into the total cost of Invisalign treatment, including:
- Severity of Orthodontic Issues. Not everyone will have the same orthodontic needs, which results in varying costs for different patients. Someone who needs significant corrections of misaligned teeth or bite will likely pay more for Invisalign than someone who only needs slight corrections.
- Duration of Treatment. The severity of your orthodontic issues will affect the length of treatment. The duration of time you will be under treatment with Invisalign will affect the total cost. The longer the treatment length, the higher the price will tend to be.
- Location. Where you live will make a difference in what Invisalign costs. It will typically be in line with cost of living in the area, so larger cities may have higher prices than smaller towns and rural areas.
- The Provider. Each provider of Invisalign will set their own prices for treatment. They will most likely take into consideration the average price range of other providers in the area in order to stay competitive. Dentists are now offering Invisalign, eliminating the need to see an orthodontist for treatment, which can lead to lower costs.
- Insurance. If you have dental insurance that covers braces, you may pay less for treatment. Most insurance plans include a lump sum toward orthodontic treatment, whatever type you choose. It will not likely cover the entire cost, however.
- Financing. If you don’t have insurance or if you need help to cover the remaining cost after insurance, financing is available to make it more affordable. Options such as CareCredit offer low monthly payments and no interest promotions.
What’s the Average Cost of Invisalign?
You can expect to pay between $3,000 and $7,000 for Invisalign treatment. In comparison, traditional metal braces typically cost between $2,000 and $6,000. While the price range for Invisalign comes in slightly higher, there is a good chance that the cost will be comparable. The actual cost within that range will depend on the factors listed above.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic aligners to gently shift the teeth into proper alignment. Invisalign can also correct bite problems such as overbite, underbite, crossbite, and open bite. A complete set of clear aligners are made at the beginning of the treatment. The patient will wear each aligner for a certain period of time before switching to the next one according to the dentist or orthodontist’s instructions.
The extent to which the teeth need to be shifted will affect how many aligners are required. The more aligners that will need to be created to correct the teeth, the higher the price will be. The dentist or orthodontist will check the patient’s progress periodically, usually about every 6-8 weeks to ensure the aligners are doing their job. It is important for the patient to wear their aligners as much as possible, preferably at least 22 hours per day, only removing them to eat or brush their teeth.
Glassman Dental Care Offers Invisalign
If you’re looking for an Invisalign provider in NYC on the upper west side, Glassman Dental Care is accepting new patients. Getting Invisalign through a dental office allows you to visit just one location for all of your oral care needs, including preventive dental care, restorative care, and orthodontic care. You’ll save time and money in the process.